Re: [ferret_users] Topex data in NetCDF

Hi Sririam,

1) You can get gridded T/P SSH data from the MERSEA site via OPeNDPAP, i.e., read them over the network directly into Ferret. They are COARDS compliant, so Ferret should be able to handle them with no trouble. Here's the URL for the MERSEA page that points to the suite of SSH products that they provide:

http://www.aviso.oceanobs.com/html/donnees/produits/msla_uk.html

They may have other SSH products as well, their site is quite extensive

2) Gridded T/P products are also available from the JPL PO-DAAC via an OPeNDAP server. The URL for these data is:

http://dods.jpl.nasa.gov/dods-bin/nph-nc/pub/data_collections/woce_v3/ topex/data/05_deg/ or replace the 05 with 10 for 1 degree grids, the 05 is for 1/2 degree grids.

You can find a description of this data set at the GCMD:

http://gcmd.nasa.gov/KeywordSearch/Metadata.do? Portal=GCMD&KeywordPath=&EntryId=JPL_OCEANESIP_SSHR_GRID&MetadataView=Br ief&MetadataType=0

or at:

http://podaac.jpl.nasa.gov:2031/DATASET_DOCS/woce_v3.html

I coudn't find raw T/P records available via OPeNDAP.

Peter