Re: [ferret_users] problems in generating post scrip file plot

The problem is that you have a negative value for the 3rd argument to
SHAKEY. The 3rd argument is the label size and must be positive. ALso
note that the last 4 arguments, which give the bottom left and top right
corners of the key box, are all relative to the lower left corner of the
*page*, not of any of the plot boxes. Therefore they must also be
positive. I can't think of any reason why any of the SHAKEY arguments
should ever be negative.

The syntax of SHAKEY is:

shakey  [0=nokey,1=key] [0=hor,1=vert] lab-size lab-inc lab-digit
lab-length xlo xhi ylo yhi

A typical use of SHAKEY to make a single key for a set of 4 vertically
stacked plots might be:

shakey 1 1 .12 0 3 9 `1.2+($ppl$xlen)+.4` `1.2+($ppl$xlen)+.7` 1.4
`1.4+4*($ppl$ylen)+0.8`

The "0 3 9" are the defaults, and the last 4 arguments say that the key
extends from 0.4 to 0.7 units to the right of the plot stack, and from
the bottom of the lowest plot to 4 times the plot height +0.8.

Note that the lower left corner of the lowest plot box is at (1.2,1.4).

The only problem I see with SHAKEY is that the distance between the
plots is dependent on the aspect ratio of the window. Therefore it is
impossible to know how tall the key should be to extend over the entire
height of the (in the case 4) plot boxes without experimentation.

Billy K