Re: [ferret_users] how to keep FERRET from modifying variable names

Hi all,
This has been an annoyance for lots of us, and will be fixed in the next release of Ferret in which we'll have much more control over attributes within netCDF files including adding or removing attributes, and controlling what is output and over case of file names and attribute names on output.

In the meantime the NCO operators are easy to use and a real help in cleaning up files.  They can be called from a Ferret spawn command, so you can set up scripts to write a file and then fix the variable names.

Ansley

Cj Beegle-Krause wrote:
Hi All,

Is there a setting to make Ferret use the same netCDF variable names as my input file without modification to all caps?  or allow me to control the variable names?

I'd like to use Ferret to subset and modify a netCDF data file formatted for the GNOME trajectory model.

Thanks,
CJ
--
CJ Beegle-Krause, Ph.D.