Re: [ferret_users] plotting numerical values of all points on map

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005, Audrey Eun wrote:
> ... have trouble extracting the lat/lon coordinates from the
> data set as these are not explicit variables. Is there a way to do
> this?  I also need these lat/lon values to plot gridlines.

Hi Audrey,
	If I understand the problem you are having -- accessing
the values of axis variables -- then I think it can be solved by
defining variables that refer to the axes.
	For example, if you are dealing with a gridded variable V
or with a grid named "grd" then define
	let xx=x[g=V] ; let yy=y[g=V]
or
	let xx=x[g=g=grd] ; let yy=y[g=grd]
Now you can use the syntax `xx` to get at the appropriate axis value.

Hope that helps,
Mick

|!!! Mick.Spillane@noaa.gov !!!|
|__Room 2070 Bldg#3 NOAA/PMEL__|