[ferret_users] Skipping Missing Time Steps

Ferreters:
   I have a set of data from 20 - 27 September 2004 every 3 hours.  I set
up a script to read and plot these data, but found a file time missing
from the set so I need to just skip that time step and move to the next.
I defined my grid like so:

define axis/x=180W:180E:0.25/units=degrees/modulo/edges lon
define axis/y=60n:60s:0.25/units=degrees/edges lat
define grid/x=lon/y=lat mygrid
define axis/t="20-sep-2004 00:00":"27-sep-2004 21:00":3/units=hours time

Is there a way to simply skip a time interval that is missing from the
time axis above instead of having to make a file for everything before
the time missing and append everything after the time missing?  Maybe
like an irregular axis defintion or something instead of having to define
by a constant delta of 3 hours.

Thanks Much,

Steve

Stephen R. Guimond
Graduate Research Assistant
Center for Ocean-Atmospheric Prediction Studies