Re: [ferret_users] [Ferret] about Fprint and histogram

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005, Ansley Manke wrote:

> The "thick lines" question has been talked about, with contributions
> from Billy Kessler among others. Here's a recent message on this
>
> http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/Mail_Archives/fu_2005/msg00474.html
>
> There is also an FAQ, How can I control line thickness when I translate
> a metafile to a postscript file?
> <http://www.ferret.noaa.gov/Ferret/FAQ/custom_plots/changing_linewidths.html>
> http://www.ferret.noaa.gov/Ferret/FAQ/custom_plots/changing_linewidths.html

Ansley's right on.  Here's a shell script to thicken the lines in
PostScript.  To triple all of the line widths, do:

   ps_thicken file.ps 3 > file_thick.ps

#!/bin/csh -f
# Usage: ps_thicken ps_file factor
# Thickens lines in a PostScript file by changing the linewidth macro,
# Result goes to standard output.

# get list of all arguments
set args = ($*)

# if not enough arguments, complain.
if ($#args < 2) then
   echo "Usage: ps_thicken ps_file factor"
   echo "Thickens all lines in a PostScript file by changing the linewidth macro."
   echo "Result goes to standard output."
   exit 1
endif

sed -e "s/^\/lw {\(.*\) div setlinewidth/\/lw {$2 mul \1 div setlinewidth/" $1