[ferret_users] [ferret]-how to define irregular z-axis

Hello Ferret Users,

I have a netcdf data and when I use this ferret says as follows :-

yes? use q.nc
*** NOTE: Units on axis "sig_s" are not
recognized: sigma_level
*** NOTE: They will not be convertible:
*** NOTE: bounds "bounds_LAT" do not enclose
point on axis LAT
*** NOTE: Substituting coordinate midpoints
*** NOTE: bounds "bounds_LON" do not enclose
point on axis LON
*** NOTE: Substituting coordinate midpoints

In fact the veritical axis is irragular pressure axis in mb(19 mb pressure values on the place of 19 sigma level values) :-

999.956798673119
982.300930711410
958.711821388422
923.727954421369
872.668797870758
802.135476614033
710.819107916518
600.936070971621
480.335709752363
363.907443320277
269.693181583253
205.375139312848
159.597308168984
120.320114961464
86.0958233667092
57.7252298204432
35.5095334329671
19.1474920954818
7.76486715808502

My question is how to define the irregular 19 pressure axis values instead of each 19 sigma level while reading and ploting the data.

Thanks,

Yogesh

Yogesh Tiwari,
Max-Planck Institute for Biogeochemistry,
Hans-Knoell Strasse 10,
D-07745 Jena,
Germany

Office : 0049 3641 576 376