[ferret_users] Re: Error Message Using Polymark Script

Hi Steve,
Did you do a basemap plot first? The polymark script needs some definitions to exist before it can work. So, a basemap or some other plot needs to be drawn first. (if you don't want the basemap to appear, you can color it white).

Ansley

Steve Guimond wrote:

Hello Ferret Clan:
I read in lon,lat and cloud base heights from a file with data looking
like:

lon j=1:32671
lat j=1:32671
cbase j=1:32671

I then called the polymark script like so:

GO polymark polygon/key lon lat cbase diamond

and got this error:

**ERROR: command syntax: PLMdefault_scale*(( )-( ))/
( before ) is illegal
DEFINE VARIABLE/QUIET PLMx_correction = PLMdefault_scale*(( )-( ))/
Command file, command group, or REPEAT execution aborted

Anyone know what syntax I am missing or what is going on? I tried making
the variables comma-delimited, but still does no good.

Thanks.

Steve Guimond
Research Assistant
The Center for Ocean-Atmospheric Prediction Studies
FSU (Tallahassee,FL)