Re: Ferret: station data shows no variables

Thanks, Jon. I understood I'd need to write a driver for LAS but did not realize it was a Ferret issue. I hoped using the data in Ferret would give me a starting point for developing the driver.

Have any of you LAS users developed an OPeNDAP sequence driver?

Andrea

Jonathan S Callahan wrote:

Andrea,

OPeNDAP sequences are not currently supported in Ferret. There is a basic division in the OPeNDAP world between Sequence data (potentially nested, indeterminate length arrays) and Grid data (1D-4D constant length arrays). ...
You might consider posting again to the LAS Users list asking if anyone else has written an OPeNDAP sequence driver for LAS.

-- Jon

Andrea Fey wrote:

I having trouble utilizing a station data set in Ferret. The dataset I'd like to open is large: http://nomads.ncdc.noaa.gov:9091/dods/IGRA_MONTHLY_RAOBS/igramon; a single-station link is here: http://nomads.ncdc.noaa.gov:9091/dods/IGRA_STATION_RAOBS/425/igra.72208. I can open both of these, but when I "show data" there is nothing listed.

I can open both of these in GrADS. My eventual goal is to add this data to a LAS server, and when I run a script (addGDS.pl) against either data set I get the following error message: DODS sequence not supported at dds.y line 5.

Could this be a metadata issue even though the data can be pulled into GrADS? Any other ideas?

Thanks.
Andrea

--
Andrea Fey