Re: MPEG encoding software

Hi Steve,

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005, Ryo Furue wrote:

Hi Steve,

| I have been unable to access Berkeley's FTP archive to pick up
| the MPEG encoding software. Is there another place that someone has
| had luck in picking up the correct software? For those who have
| made mpeg animations in Ferret, which is the best way to make them,
| the gif way or hdf way?

This "convert" command is in the imagemagick package. I'm afraid the quality of the animation created this way isn't great.
The swiss army knife for video/auto work is ffmpeg.

http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net/

Your favorite Linux platform probably already has prebuilt packages for you.

HTH,
daryl

--
/**