Re: MPEG encoding software

Hi Steve,

|    I have been unable to access Berkeley's FTP archive to pick up
| the MPEG encoding software.  Is there another place that someone has
| had luck in picking up the correct software?  For those who have
| made mpeg animations in Ferret, which is the best way to make them,
| the gif way or hdf way?

I use the imagemagick package:

   http://www.imagemagick.org/

To produce an mpeg movie, it requires an mpeg encoder, which
is also downloadable from their archive:

   http://www.imagemagick.org/script/formats.php

I produce a set of gif files in Ferret and

   $ convert frame001.gif  frame002.gif . . . . myanim.mpg

This "convert" command is in the imagemagick package.
I'm afraid the quality of the animation created this way
isn't great.

Ryo