Re: stereographic_south projection

Hi Joerg,
I just noticed you never got an answer. In the graticule script, the region information is being applied to the mapping coordinates rather than the actual latitude/longitude coordinates. Try adding a "set grid aice" after "GO mp_grid aice". It seems there are some inconsistencies in some of these scripts which we should work out when we have a chance.

Ansley

Joerg Franke wrote:

Hi,

I want to print the antartic region in "stereographic south" projection and a have problem to print the graticule. mp_graticule.jnl doesn't accept negative Y-values for the southern hemisphere.

yes? set region/x=0:360/y=-30:-90
yes? go mp_stereographic_south
yes? GO mp_grid aice
yes? GO mp_aspect
yes? shade/nolab/nokey/noaxes aice, x_page, y_page
yes? go mp_graticule
**ERROR: illegal limits: "MP_Y[J=@MIN]" is not in the range Y=-90:-30
Axis extremes are Y=0.5:10000000
DEFINE VARIABLE/quiet mp_ymin = `mp_y[j=@min]`
Command file, command group, or REPEAT execution aborted

How can I plot the graticule?

Thank for any help
Cheers
Jörg