Re: [ferret] Beeps in MODE wait

Hi James,
This is deep down in the underlying plotplus code, which issues a beep, or "bell" character to the terminal at the end of each plot when in wait mode. There's not a Ferret setting that affects this. (Anyone know how to perhaps turn off beeps made by the terminal or map the beep to something so it wouldn't make a sound?)

Ansley

James Booth wrote:
Hello Ferret Users,

When in wait mode, ferret beeps to prompt the user to continue, I would
like to turn off the beep.

I tried using the Message/Quiet command, but it does not cross over to the
wait mode.

Even when I have beeps turned off for my xterminal session, when I use
ferret in wait mode, the beeping returns.

Is there a solution?

Thankyou.

End of transmission