Re: Months of ice cover

Hi Gabriel,
You could define a masking variable, something like this

let ice_mask = if ice_cover eq 100 then 1   ! ice_mask is the missing flag if ice_cover less than 100
let mask_sum = ice_mask[L=@SUM]

shade mask_sum     ! values 0 through 12 for number of months areas are covered by ice

--------test on another dataset: ------------

   use coads_climatology
   let cold_mask = if sst gt 25 then 1
   let warm_sum =  warm_mask[L=@sum]
   shade warm_sum

The result is affected by data that's already missing in the dataset; values in a given location may be low either because there were months when they don't meet the mask criterium, or because there were months when data at that location was missing.

Ansley

Gabriel Clauzet wrote:
Hi all,

I have a file with 12 months climatology of sea-ice cover (m). I want to plot the months of sea-ice cover, in other words, how many months during the year certain regions are 100% cover by sea-ice.
Any idea how can I do that??

Thanks
Gabriel