missing_value problem using multi-file netcdf in ferret 5.8

Hi

I have a problem when using multi-file netcdf with variable scale_factor/add_offset:

Only for records from the first step-file the missing_value/_FillValue flag is
applied correctly. All other records remain unmasked.

Is this due to that the missing_value/_FillValue attributes are read and
unpacked from the first stepfile only?

Presently, I use the first record to mask the remaining records. Is there a less
computational expensive solution?

Thanks, Ingo