Re: Problem

Hi, Steve:
you need to specify the region of plotting first. Make sure that the region is set to 2D before shade/fill/contour command can be excuted.
Goodluck!
Muyin

Steve Guimond wrote:

Hello:
I have a binary file with data in an array of size (2220,2275). I have
read this into Ferret using:

file/var=wv/grid=mygrid/format=stream/type=r4 file.bin

I am able to read the file okay, but when I go to fill the data, I get an
error message such as:

**ERROR: insufficient memory: 5050500 words were requested.
*** NOTE: You can use SET MEMORY/SIZE=xxx to increase memory.
*** NOTE: The "Memory use" section of the FERRET Users Guide has further tips.

so i set the memory to 15 Megawords, but get a segmentation fault every
time I try to plot. I am using FERRET v5.80 (static) on Linux/Red Hat gcc
2.96. Is this the right way to read my binary file?

Thanks.

Steve Guimond
Research Assistant
The Center for Ocean-Atmospheric Prediction Studies