Re: negative years

Jaison Kurian wrote:

> I don't think there is a way to specify "BC" in T0.
> Anyway i think the following method will work for you....provided
> matlab looks only for the T-values and not for the "T0" in a netcdf
> file....

[snip]

> !      let matlab_var = original_var[gt=tmat@ASN]

Yes, that will work. I choose a different solution though, as the
above either requires saving your variable twice (once for ferret,
once for matlab) in the netcdf file, or it creates a netcdf file that
doesn't work for Ferret as the dates are wrong.

I chose to do

  let matlab_times = t[gt=time_axis]+1

  save /file=bla.nc my_variable, matlab_times

Because matlab reads variables from netcdf files independent of their
dimensions, this is the easiest way to get a proper time axis in
matlab without breaking the netcdf file for Ferret.

Thanks
	Hein Zelle

--

 Unix is user friendly. It's just very particular about who
 it's friends are.

 Hein Zelle                     hein@icce.rug.nl
	                        http://www.icce.rug.nl/~hein