negative years

I have a silly problem reading Ferret-generated netcdf files in
Matlab. Matlab uses julian dates (days since 0000) for all it's time
computations, which works well. However, it defines 0000 as

00-jan-0000 00:00:00

which doesn't exist! I'm trying to define a time axis in ferret that
uses Matlab date numbers as values for t, but I'm having trouble
telling ferret that t0 should be the above date, as Ferret correctly
notices that the date format is invalid.

Is there a way to specify "31-dec-0001 00:00:00 BC" in Ferret?

Hein Zelle

--

 Unix is user friendly. It's just very particular about who
 it's friends are.

 Hein Zelle                     hein@icce.rug.nl
	                        http://www.icce.rug.nl/~hein