Re: simple problem

Hi Julien
You can use the RETURN= syntax.  The backquotes evaluate the RETURN expression.  Say you have a variable, called myvar, and you want the date string at L=12.  You choose one point, and the tstart gives you the date at that index (tend would do the same, since it is just one point).

yes? let dstring = "`t[gt=myvar,L=12], return=tstart`"

This idea is used at the end of the FAQ, How can I label dates along a trackline?
http://www.ferret.noaa.gov/Ferret/FAQ/custom_labels/label_dates.html

Julien Demaria wrote:
Hi,

I want to get the date as string from T axis with integer index ; please, what's the syntax ?

Thanks,

Julien