Re: gif for fill and shade

Hello Ansley,

Thanks for the following suggations.

Now it works perfect.

Yogesh

 Manke wrote:
Hi Yogesh,
A few suggestions:

o In your script, put the SET WINDOW/ASPECT command before the SHADE command. I think that putting it after the shade command is what is causing the plot to disappear when you're in gif mode.

o On the SHADE command, use SHADE/SET to put Ferret into setup mode. Then the PPL SHADE command will apply your settings to the plot.

Ansley

Yogesh K. Tiwari wrote:

Hello Ansley,

Yours lines works fine, but my attached script generates the attched gif plot.....which is blank.

But the same script without -gif generates fine gif plot, means my script is OK.

What do you think ?

Yogesh

Manke wrote:

hi - If you do my simple example, what do you see? If the plot is blank, do you see the axes and labels?

Yogesh K. Tiwari wrote:

Hello Ansley,

I work on Suse Linux 9.2 , ferret v5.8

Yogesh

 Manke wrote:

Hi Yogesh
ferret -gif works for all plot commands. What operating system are you running Ferret on? This works fine, for example:

> ferret -gif
yes? shade/set/i=1:10/j=1:10 i+j
yes? ppl title "new title"
yes? ppl shade
yes? frame/file=mygif.gif
yes? exit

(Just a reminder to everyone, when you ask a question, especially about something that seems to be not working as advertised in the documentation, it really helps to know the Ferret version you are using, as Yogesh did, and also the operating system.)

Ansley

Yogesh K. Tiwari wrote:

Hello Ansley,

I use ferret v5.80

When I start ferret like :-

> ferret -gif

and I use shade command to shade variable of a file :-

ppl shade

frame/file = shade.gif

Then it dosen't works and generated gif file shows complete white blanck.

ON THE OTHER HAND, it works when I start ferret without -gif, like :-

>ferret

ppl shade

frame/file = shade.gif

It generates the perfect gif file.

Is this any bug or ferret -gif command is only for fill command, not for shade or plot commands?

Regards,
Yogesh

use "../airs/AIRS_added_jan_dec_2003.cdf"

sh dat

shade/nolab/lev=(374,382.5,.5) added_co2_point[l=11:12@ave,y=-40:40]

set window/aspect=0.7

ppl dfltfnt,@tr

ppl shakey 1,,0.26, 4, 4, 8

ppl axlsze 0.26 0.26

go margins " " " " 1.6 2.3
ppl shade
go land 7

!frame/file=nov_dec_ave_airs_lon_lat_three_year_spin_up.gif

frame/file=test.gif

Yogesh Tiwari,
Max-Planck Institute for Biogeochemistry,
Hans-Knoell Strasse 10,
D-07745 Jena,
Germany

Office   : 0049 3641 576 376