Re: ASCII questions

Hi Steve,

I believe that if you designate the ASCII data as /FORMAT=delimited (a.k.a. the
"COLUMNS" alias), that numerical fields present in the file as "******" will be
interpreted as missing values automatically.  (So, too, will any other non-parsable
numeric fields.)  Of course, there will need to be some kind of delimiter
separating the "******" fields from their neighbors.

    - steve

P.S. Regrets that I have not been able to supploy the detailed syntax -- am offline
at the moment.