Re: Grib Files

On Thu, 26 May 2005, Steve Guimond wrote:

Does anyone know if Ferret can handle GRIB (GRIdded Binary) files? I did not see this in the documentation. GRIB is the WMO (World Meteorological Organization) standard format for data. I want to convert GRIB to netCDF. I am aware of a way to do this using GrADS, but like FERRET much better.
Greetings Steve,

Consider using the NWS NDFD GRIB2 Decoder. I have had good luck converting various grib products into NetCDF with it.

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/mdl/NDFD_GRIB2Decoder/

HTH,
daryl

--