Re: combine four views into one plot

Hi Gao Rongzhen,
Your dataset contains data on two different time axis.
The seasonal data has 224 points (a1& a2) but the monthly data has 564 points (b1,b2,c1,c2,d1&d3). I think in Ferret it is really difficult to read these data on to proper grid because whatever may be the grid/method you are using the data on 3rd column after the line 224 will be assigned between 1st column and the 3rd column itself !!! (does anybody have any
solution ??) For example : let this be the data in test.dat

10 100
20 200
30 300
400
500
600
700

now read this data in Ferret

yes? define axis/x=1:7:1 xax
yes? define grid/x=xax gf
yes? file/grid=gf/var="a1,a2" test.dat
yes? list a1
1 / 1: 10.0
2 / 2: 20.0
3 / 3: 30.0
4 / 4: 400.0
5 / 5: 600.0
yes? list a2
1 / 1: 100.0
2 / 2: 200.0
3 / 3: 300.0
4 / 4: 500.0
5 / 5: 700.0

So my suggestion is to save the seasonal data to a new file (use vim,
you can do "column" operations easily) and monthly data to another file.
Then open these two datasets in Ferret, read on to proper time grid.
Since the start and end points of seasonal and monthly time axes are
different please make sure that you are creating the plots over exactly
same range of time axis.

And.....the answer to your question...that kind of a plot you can
make using proper combination of 4 viewports. Plese see the attachment
for an example (using the same data you send earlier).

Hope This Helps

With Regards

Jaison