local extrema problem

Hi ferreters,

My NetCDF file has the following features:

I J K L
VAR1 Variabla 1 ... 1:1200 1:4 1:24
SIG5 Significance level - 95% ... 1:1200 1:4 1:24

from those variables I can pull out the values from var1 that satisfy the significance criterion. If I shade, for example:

let p1=if var1 gt sig5 then var1 else 1/0
shade/k=1 p1

this comes up with intervals on axis J.

And this is my problem because I want extract the maximum value of var1 from those intervals. This is a local extreme problem, which I have many intervals on J axis to search their maximum.

I thought to change the findhi / findlo external functions, but if anyone can point out another way to do it, I will appreciate it.

Thank's in advanced

Hemer

Hemerson Tonin
School of Chemistry, Physics and Earth Sciences
Flinders University
Adelaide - Australia