about make_des

Hi ferret users,

I used make_des scipt to make descriptor file. I used
following command:
make_des SRF2001AVG.nc SRF2002AVG.nc > SRF0102.des
this creat the desciptor file but when i open the file
in ferret it gives the message :
yes? use SRF0102
 Warning: missing or improper date/time format for T0
in SRF010
My  problem is when i plot variable  in the top left
corner instead of displaying month it displays
T(hour): 6 digit. How can i fix this .
The descriptor file is also differnt from one in the
example.

Thanking in advance for your help

Jagadish