Re: Large files access time

Steve,

after further investigation, I noticed the following:

When using option use/regulart for accessing a 1.5Gb file,
access time is immediate when Ferret version 5.51 (for RedHat 7.1) is
used.

It is much longer (20 to 45 seconds depending on local or remote) when
Ferret 5.53 (for RedHat 9) and up (5.7 an 5.8 tested) is used.....

I will continue my investigations, testing Ferret 5.8 for RedHat 7.1

Please, if you have any idea about this, tell me.

Jean-Marie Epitalon