Re: Question about @AVE

hi - When there's a modulo axis, you can give Ferret ranges of I or X beyond the values on the grid.  You can do this:

  let at2m = t2m[i=60:69@AVE]

This average will cross the branch cut.  Try this as well, to see what the values are

   LIST/i=60:69 t2m

Ansley

Ming Yang wrote:
HI, Ansley
   Thank you for your help. I used show grid t2m to check the longitude
axis and it turned out a modulo axis. But I still don't know how to do the
average. Suppose I want to calculate the mean t2m of grids where I=1:5, I
should use the command
yes? let at2m=t2m[I=1:5@AVE]

But if I want to calculate the mean from I=1:5 plut I=60:64, should I use
the command like this
yes? let at2m=t2m[I=60:5@AVE]

   Thank you again for your help.

Ming