Re: problem in accessing large data files

Hello all,

I understand from NCO documentation the following:

In order to access files larger than 2 Go, your system must support
files with 64 bits offset. See "Large File Support" at:
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/faq-lfs.html

NetCDF library 3.6 has LFS.

Does the latest version of Ferret have LFS (that is: is it built with
NetCDF 3.6) ? It seems so since you are able to access 6.5 GB model
output from your Linux machine...

Maybe your IRIX system does not.

Jean-Marie