Re: Grid interpolation

The problem here is usually in trying to compute fluxes, budgets and the like from model output. You
would like to have the results be a decent representation of what the model is actually doing. In my
experience, getting these things right requires computing the derivatives EXACTLY the way the model
did, which often involves high-order derivative schemes. If you don't do that then you can get the
wrong answer (for example in an estimate of advective fluxes), as I have found out from unfortunate
experience. So the question is deeper than simply how to put the variables on the same grid.

As simple first-guess solution is to define a grid twice as dense as the originals, so every u,v,m
point lies on the new grid. Then interpolate using @fln. That'll usually get you pretty close to the
answer, but you really should check the model documentation about how it takes derivatives,
otherwise don't be surprised if budgets don't balance very well.

Billy K