ps output in winxp

hi,all
  I tried some ways to ouput my fig to ps format (or
eps) including Ferret -batch **.ps and spawn gksm2ps.
But when I fill a variable and go fland to overlay
topography on it, the variable has available value in
topography, I found that the output ps file has
something wrong bcause I still can see the pattern of
variable under the topography mask. why?
  any ideas are greatly appreciated.

ps: i use winxp and ferret5.51

Regards

Dawn