problem in using ferret

Hi,

I generated a netcdf grid file and I found two problems when I use ferret shade command.

1. I use variable name "x" and "y" to represent the grid location along i and j-direction.
When I try to do shade x ( or y) in ferret, I got the following error message ( I tried on different system),

**ERROR: dimensions improperly specified: 9999999 words were requested.
*** NOTE: Check for unspecified limits on an ABSTRACT axis
*** NOTE: Use the SHOW GRID command to see the axes

After rename "x" to "x_T" or something else, it works fine. This looks like the ferret can
not deal with variable with name "x" or "y" ("x" and "y" are reserved in ferret?). We want
to use the general variable "x" and "y" and do not want to rename these variables.
2. There is another variable dy in the grid file. dy is constant for all the points. When I do shade dy,
it has no error message, but the drawing window is empty ( no constant graph) .

I attached a simple grid file in the email for testing purpose and the ferret version I am
using is FERRET v5.70. Could anyone provide some solutions or suggestions?

Thank you very much!

Zhi