Re: MISSING function

Hello Ansley,

Thanks for the help !

It worked.

Regards,
Yogesh

 Manke wrote:
Hi Yogesh,
To change or set the missing-value flag of a variable in a netCDF file, use the command SET VAR/BAD=

SET VAR/BAD=-9999 co2

If there was already a missing_value or _FillValue attribute for co2 in the netCDF file, then previously missing data is still missing, and the flag for all missing values is now -9999.

The MISSING function does not set the missing-value flag. It replaces the missing values in a variable with the given value. So, if you have a variable B with values already marked as missing, and you wanted to fill in the missing values with, say, zero, you could do

LET a = MISSING(b, 0)

And the variable A would have all the valid values of B, and where B was invalid, it would contain the value 0.

Ansley

Yogesh K. Tiwari wrote:

Hello Ferret Users,

I have netcdf file and after doing ncdump of a variable co2, some of the values are -9999.

I want to treat this value as missing value.

I tried to teach ferret this missing value by using the MISSING function like :-

let a = -9999
let missing_default = `a, RETURN=bad`

let co2_default = MISSING(co2, missing_default)

But the result still includs the missing value -9999 in the shade plot and the CO2 values are -200,-300 like that whereas my data is ok and have no negative co2 value.

Whether I did correctly ?? then why result dosen't chang with or without missing function.

Whether ferret like -9999 as missing value ?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Yogesh

Yogesh K. Tiwari,
Max-Planck Institute for Biogeochemistry,
Beutenberg Campus, Hans-Knoell-Strasse 10,
D-07745 Jena,
Germany

Office   : 0049 3641 576 376
Home     : 0049 3641 223 163