Re: How to control grid information

Hi Sriram,
You can define new X and Y axes with the 2 degree interval, and regrid the data to those new axes. Please look up "regridding" in the Users Guide. (Navigate to "regridding, syntax and examples" from the index, Chapter 4 Sec2.4) There is also a demonstration script that shows the ideas of regridding:

yes? go regridding_demo

Read the text that comes to your screen as the demo runs to learn how to use this important capability of Ferret.

Ansely

Prakya Shree Ram wrote:

Dear Ferreters,

I have data spacing at 2 deg. interval in both lat.
and lons. and feret shows as follows:

1> ./u_climate.nc (default)
name title I J K L
U_CLIMAT UGRD[GT=MONTH_REG@MOD] 1:192 1:94 ... 1:12
I would like to plot the vectors at 2 deg. interval.
How to do this?

Thanks,
Sriram

Dr. P. Shree Ram Research Associate N.I.O, Regional Centre
176, Lawsons Bay Colony
Visakhapatnam-530 017

Tel: +91-891-2539180 (Off.) +91-891-2527303 (Res) +91 9440120306 (Mobile)
Fax : +91-891-2543595