Big data file and limit on storage for coordinates

Hello,

I have a data set of mooring data that I have had difficulty creating for Ferret ever since we recovered our last deployment.  I append each deployment after gridding to an hourly time axis.  There are 2 depth axes: a 0:5:500 for the adcp data (DEPTH_HR) and a 12 element irregular axis for the microcat data (DEPTH_TS_HR).  The time series is now 15 years long and I'm wondering if I am now bumping into a limit inside of Ferret.

I get this error when I try and load into Ferret:

yes? use "http://dods.mbari.org/cgi-bin/nph-nc/data/OASISdata/netcdf/hourlyM1.nc";
 **TMAP ERR: limit on storage for coordinates has been reached
             MAX= 250000

I am able to plot the data using ncBrowse, so I think the data set is O.K. (e.g. no dis-ordered time dimension).  I am planning to use an aggregation server to simplify the generation of this data set, but am concerned that even if I do that Ferret would still not be able to use the data.  Have I reached a reached a limit?  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

--
Mike McCann