Re: representation of a single point

Both,

Praveen has supplied half the solution.  I think Mario also needs help converting his 1D data into a 3D dataset first.  Here's the complete solution:
use levitus_climatology

! 1) Create a profile
! 2) Replicate that profile to be a 3D dataset based on the X and Y axes from the temp variable
! 3) Mask the 3D dataset so that only the original profile has valid data

let prof = temp[x=220,y=20]
let prof_glev = prof + 0 * x[gx=temp] + 0 * y[gy=temp]
let masked_prof_glev = IF x[gx=temp] GT 219 AND x[gx=temp] LT 221 AND y[gy=temp] GT 19 AND y[gy=temp] LT 21 THEN prof_glev

! Now you can use the shade command with your profile data

shade masked_prof_glev[k=1]
go land

-- Jon

Praveen V K wrote:
hi Mario

I tried your case with netcdf file

it is very easy. I think You may already know this one

yes? use levitus_climatology
yes? let sst = if X[gx=temp] gt 60 AND X[gx=temp] lt 75 AND Y[gy=temp] gt 10 AND Y[gy=temp] lt 15 then temp
yes? fill/k=1 sst
yes? go land

The above one will give a square plot at 60E-75E and 10N-15N and a white
area elsewhere

good luck

Praveen