Re: Latitude/Longitude problem

Hi Steve,
Are you saying that the data is a mirror image of what it should be when you do a shade or fill plot? If it's in a NetCDF file, then you can open the file with

yes? set data/order=-xy myfile.nc

and it'll be read in the other direction.
Ansley

Steve Guimond wrote:

Hello:
My data looks like this:
name title I J K L
RR Rain Rate 1:1440 1:720 ... ...

However, when I define the axes for latitude and longitude, the eastern
and western hemispheres are flipped. I used this command:

define axis/x=180E:180W:0.25/modulo xlon

This makes North America the eastern hemisphere and Asia the western
hemisphere. When I change the 'E' to a 'W' and the 'W' to an 'E' it still is flipped.
What can I do to get the longitudes labeled right?

Thanks for any help.

Stephen R. Guimond Graduate Research Assistant
Center for Ocean-Atmospheric Prediction Studies
Cell: (515)231-6879