netcdf out {
dimensions:
time = 97 ;
i_cross = 39 ;
j_cross = 30 ;
pressure = 22 ;
variables:
float time(time) ;
time:units = "minutes since 2005-01-11 00:00:00" ;
time:long_name = "time" ;
float latitcrs(i_cross, j_cross) ;
latitcrs:units = "degrees" ;
latitcrs:long_name = "LATITUDE (SOUTH NEGATIVE)" ;
float longicrs(i_cross, j_cross) ;
longicrs:units = "degrees" ;
longicrs:long_name = "LONGITUDE (WEST NEGATIVE)" ;
float rain(time, i_cross, j_cross) ;
rain:units = "cm" ;
rain:long_name = "ACCUMULATED NONCONVECTIVE PRECIPITATION" ;
float vnorm(time, i_cross, j_cross) ;
vnorm:units = "m s{-1}" ;
vnorm:long_name = "10-meter Speed Norm" ;
float tau(time, i_cross, j_cross) ;
tau:units = "-" ;
tau:long_name = "Optical Thickness" ;
}

and when I shade or fill it (fill/L=2 vnorm, longicrs, latitcrs), I have tholes on borders.

With my little knowledges about Ferret, I understand that I have to regrid my dataset on a regular grid to solve this problem ?
For do this I need the new features "CURV_TO_RECT_MAP" and other functions of Ferret 5.8, isn't it ?

Are there some other solutions to my problem ?

Other little problem : I try to download the new 5.8 release, but the FTP always says "Control connection closed" ; are there some tricks about FTP access (I believe I've successfuly downloaded the 5.7 release on this FTP in 2004 year, maybe you have made some recent changes on your FTP...) ? Can I use a mirror ?

Many Thanks in advance,

Julien