Re: How to get a thicker line.

Hi Jian,
The thick line that is used for the DARK pen in the contour
command calls different graphics code from what is used to draw
other lines which are controlled by settings of the /THICK qualifier.
(Improved control over line thickness and color is something we hope
to add to Ferret, but have not had the time to do it.)

It is possible to edit the postscript output when the Ferret session
that uses SET MODE META and the metafile is converted to
postscript.  Here is a mail message that outlines some of the
ideas

http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/Mail_Archives/fu_2002/msg00333.html

For example:

  yes? set mode meta
  yes? plot/vs/line/I=1:314/thick=3  i*cos(i/20),i*sin(i/20)
  yes? exit

  > Fprint -o thick3.ps metafile.plt

edit thick3.ps, and change the line towards the end of the file,

  3.000000 lw

to, perhaps

  6.000000 lw

Jian Ma wrote:
Dear all,

How to draw a thick line thicker than "thick=3" in a "plot/vs..." command? Just like "dark" in "contour" command.

Thanks,
Jian

Jian Ma

M. S. in Physical Oceanography
The First Institute of Oceanography
State Oceanic Administration
P. R. China

No. 6 Xian-Xia-Ling Road, Qingdao 266061
Tel: 86-532-8967401
Fax: 86-532-8967400