Re: Curve with arrow.

Hi Jian,
Perhaps you could apply one of the smoothing transformations or a CONVOLVE
function the points you are plotting with PLOT/VS/LINE.  See "smoothing" in the
Users Guide. Here is a simple example -

  yes? let xpts = x[x=0:10:0.1]
  yes? let ypts  = sin(xpts) + randu(xpts)/5
  yes? plot/vs/line xpts, ypts

  yes? let weight = {0.25,0.5,0.25}
  yes? plot/over/vs/line xpts, convolvei(ypts,weight)

or

  yes? plot/over/vs/line xpts, ypts[x=@SBN:11]

Jian Ma wrote:
Thanks, Ansley,

But my question is still unsolved.

What I want is to overlay a sketch map on the vector fields which clearly sigh the flows and eddies. Such map may include curves drawn manually by giving the positions of some points in the pathway of flows with one or more arrows for direction.

I have learned that "go arrow_user.jnl" may help to draw an arrow. Connecting it with curve by "plot/vs..." may realize my idea, but it really needs some technique to connect them smoothly. So I am asking if there is any other way.

Or if you could tell me how to smooth the curve by "plot/vs...", the method above may also work.

Got it this time? Thank you very much. :)

Regards,
Jian

Jian Ma

M. S. in Physical Oceanography
The First Institute of Oceanography
State Oceanic Administration
P. R. China

No. 6 Xian-Xia-Ling Road, Qingdao 266061
Tel: 86-532-8967401
Fax: 86-532-8967400