Re: question about v5d (compiling)

Hi Hemerson,
The routine v5dcreate is in the file v5d.c in the same directory as the
function writev5d. If you look in the directory where the writev5d function
is, do you see the file v5d.c? When you run make in that directory, did this
compile, creating v5d.o? Perhaps there is something different in your c
compiler that is causing this.

Ansley

Hemerson Tonin wrote:

Hi ferreters,

I had tried to use the original v5d (that one which comes with ferret package). It didn't work it.

Then, I compiled the ext function writev5d.F to suit my system (ferret 5.70 - linux), and when I ask for its description the following error message pops up:

? sh function/brief writev5d

ERROR in External Function writev5d:
Dynamic linking call dlopen() returns --
"/external_functions/my_ext_fcns/writev5d.so: undefined symbol: v5dcreate_". WRITEV5D(V1,V2,V3,V4,V5,V6,V7,V8,FILENAME)

Then I downloaded ferret 5.80 (and installed it, of course) and repeat the process, returning the same message above.

For that ones accustomed to use v5d, any clue will be welcome.

Thank's in advanced,
Hemer

Tonin, H. E.
School of Chemistry, Physics and Earth Sciences
Flinders University
Adelaide - Australia