one plot bringing two metafiles up

I have a journal (below) that uses ppl commands and fill_between.jnl, basically, my intend is reproduce a figure like SOI index ( see: http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/~kessler/ENSO/soi-1950-98.gif ) within my model running period.

I removed all older metafiles; set mode meta, run the journal, it comes perfect on screen, but in the end of day, I've got 2 metafiles.

One is metafile.plt and another one metafile.plt.~1~, resulting that, it is impossible to convert them (both ?!?!) to ps. It seems that the journal is spliting the plot in two.

Any ideas ?

Hemer
(ferret 5.80 on linux)

my journal

use my_soi.nc
let/title="Southern Oscillation Index"/unit="hPa: 1000hPa subtracted" temp=soi[l=@sbx:12]

let el_nino=if temp le 0 then temp else 1/0
let la_nina=if temp ge 0 then temp else 1/0

set re/t="01-jan-1986":"31-aug-2002"

!-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
! this is a little trick to put time axis labels either below and above the plot
!-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

define viewport/xlim=0:1/ylim=0:1 view1
define viewport/xlim=0:1/ylim=0:1 view2

set view view1
plot/colour=white/nolabels/vlim=-3.5:3.5:1 temp

set view view2
plot/colour=white/nolabels/vlim=-3.5:3.5:1 temp
ppl txlabp, 1
ppl plot

!-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
! end of trick
!-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ppl ylab "hPa: 1000 hPa subtracted"
ppl plot

go fill_between poly/ov/pal=red/nolabels el_nino time
! time is the original axis of the variable soi

go fill_between poly/ov/pal=blue/nolabels la_nina time
plot/ov/colour=black/nolabels temp

label 15000 3 -1 0 .15 Cool (La Nina)
label 38600 3.13 -1 0 .1 @MA45

label 15000 -3.1 -1 0 .15 Warm (El Nino)
label 40000 -2.96 -1 0 .1 @MA45

label 84000 4.2 0 0 .2 "Southern Oscillation Index"

Tonin, H. E.
School of Chemistry, Physics and Earth Sciences
Flinders University
Adelaide - Australia