question about v5d (compiling)

Hi ferreters,

I had tried to use the original v5d (that one which comes with ferret package). It didn't work it.

Then, I compiled the ext function writev5d.F to suit my system (ferret 5.70 - linux), and when I ask for its description the following error message pops up:

? sh function/brief writev5d

ERROR in External Function writev5d:
Dynamic linking call dlopen() returns --
"/external_functions/my_ext_fcns/writev5d.so: undefined symbol: v5dcreate_". WRITEV5D(V1,V2,V3,V4,V5,V6,V7,V8,FILENAME)

Then I downloaded ferret 5.80 (and installed it, of course) and repeat the process, returning the same message above.

For that ones accustomed to use v5d, any clue will be welcome.

Thank's in advanced,
Hemer

Tonin, H. E.
School of Chemistry, Physics and Earth Sciences
Flinders University
Adelaide - Australia