polar stereographic projection plot

Hello,
I have been trying to plot shaded plots over polar stereographic
projection using
go mp_stereographic_north 0 90; set grid myvar
shade myvar,x_page,y_page
go mp_graticule 0 360 90 50 90 10

It seems that ferret always plot the outside grid box in half no matter
how do I define the region, regardless the underlying grid box.

Attached 2 figures are based on CRU SAT data (5x5 degree resolution), and
the first one was created by
def region/y=47.5:90,
while the 2nd one was created by
set region/y=50:90n

I also tried using NCEP Reanalysis data for a similar test. Unfortunately,
ferret does the same thing: the most outside of the domains are shaded by
half of the grid box (NCEP's grid box is 2.5x2.5).

How could I get the full grid shaded in this map projection?
Thanks