Re: specify grid for MM5 v3 files

Julien,

You can use Ferret's 'curvilinear coordinates' capabilities to display your data any time you have 2D fields of longitude and latitude defined. See the following documentation in the release notes for details:

http://www.ferret.noaa.gov/Ferret/Documentation/Release_Notes/v490/#curvilinear_shade_and_fill

-- Jon

Julien Demaria wrote:

Hi,

I work on COARDS MM5 (v3) files with grid specified into 2 2D variables latitcrs and longicrs :

dimensions:
time = UNLIMITED ; // (97 currently)
i_dot = 40 ;
j_dot = 31 ;
i_cross = 39 ;
j_cross = 30 ;
pressure = 22 ;

variables:
float latitcrs(i_cross, j_cross) ;
latitcrs:long_name = "LATITUDE (SOUTH NEGATIVE)" ;
latitcrs:units = "degrees" ;
float longicrs(i_cross, j_cross) ;
longicrs:long_name = "LONGITUDE (WEST NEGATIVE)" ;
longicrs:units = "degrees" ;
float u10(time, i_cross, j_cross) ;
u10:long_name = "10-meter U Component" ;
u10:units = "m s{-1}" ;

I can display with ferret the u10 variable in (i_cross, j_cross) grid, but I need to use the (latitcrs, longicrs) or at least change the axis labels to lon/lat instead i/j ...
Is it possible to do this in Ferret ?

Many thanks in advance for help,

Julien