Re: Getting number of variables

Hi Sudheer,
              It not that diffcult task to know the number of data lines
in text files, provided your ascii input files have some similarity

        1. either all of them should have same number of header lines
            that we need to skip using /SKIP qualifier.
        2. or none of the file does have any header lines..the data
            values should start from the very first line of the ascii
            file.

  The total number fo lines you can get onto a variable as follows

        yes? let flines = `{spawn:"cat example.dat | wc -l"}`
         !-> DEFINE VARIABLE flines =      10
        yes?

  suppose you don't have any header lines then

        yes? define axis/x=1:`flines`:1 xfile
        yes? define axis/x=xfile        gfile
        yes? file/grid=gfile/var=var1   example.dat

   Hope this helps

   with regards

   Jaison