Re: Problem with labels

Hi Dan,
Are you aware of the -script option for running Ferret?  This option can
be combined with other command-line options such as -gif  or -batch, and
it allows you to pass arguments to the script from the command line.  To run
basemap.jnl  in batch mode, to produce a postscript file, and with arguments
x=300:360 y=0:60 20  the command would be:

   % ferret -batch mymap.ps  -script basemap.jnl x=300:360 y=0:60 20

The issue of redirection is on our list to look into, but unfortunately will not be
fixed in the next version of Ferret, to be released soon.

Ansley Manke

Dan wrote:
I consider this readline bug to be the number one
embarrassing bug of Ferret.

It means you cannot paste commands into a Ferret
section, and you cannot pipe a jnl file in a shell
command line.

I suggest that the Ferret developers put the issue to
the very top of their priority.