Re: Transform World Ocean Atlas 1/4 x 1/4 degree to NEtCDF

Dear Joe

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

I downloaded the high resolution files of 1/4 x 1/4 degree from
http://www.nodc.noaa.gov/OC5/indprod.html

The format is the same as 1 x 1 degree except for the 1440 x 720 in stead of 720 x 360. of 1 x 1 degree.
The format discription is at
http://www.nodc.noaa.gov/OC5/readqd25.html

I would like to calculate geostrophic current from 1/4 x 1/4 degree WOA.

What I thought is to use ferret by the way explained in the Chapter 2 of ASCII DATA/Reading ASCII files and saving by netcdf format.

I wonder if this is best way for the large amount of data like WOA 1/4 x 1/4.
If there are better and easier way, I would like to know it.

Best regards,

Takaya Namba