Re: map projection in Ferret

Hi Tony,
By default, Ferret plots along a linear scaling of longitude and latitude.  There is also a ferret jnl script for plotting in Plate Caree projection which is also x=longitude, y=latitude.  It is called mp_plate_caree.jnl  See Ch6 Sec10.4.  Map Projections in the Ferret User's Guide for more info.  http://www.ferret.noaa.gov/Ferret/Documentation/
Joe
Tony Jolibois wrote:
         Hi all,

With Ferret we can plot field in a lot of cartographic projection, like Mercator, Bonne etc...
But there is not the simplest of them, the "geographical projection", x=longitude y=latitude ?

I tryed to change one of the mp_$projection.jnl script in order to have this geographical projection, but have problem with mp_fland and mp_land, can anybody help me ?

Thanks in advance,
Tony