non-ortogonal grid

Hi everybody,

I am experiencing difficulties in inserting grid points in a cdf file (using
FORTRAN) because these points have all different lon-lat coordinates: they
are not uniformly distributed on an orthogonal grid, but rather on a rotated
grid.
Ideally I'd like to be able to insert points one by one using a syntax like:
   insert_point(lon,lat,wind_speed, temperature,...)
I ignore if such a thing is possible.
Thanks in advance for answering my question.

Mario.