Running problem on Sun Solaris 9

Hi,
   Recently, I downloaded the three compressed Ferret tar files for
Solaris and followed the installation instruction online to install the
package to my machine. My machine is Sun Fire 15K, 24 1.05GHz Processors,
48GB of Shared Memory with Sun Solaris 9 operating system. These seems no
problems during the installation. But when I invoke the ferret from the
command line, I got this kind of error message:

ld.so.1: ferret: fatal: relocation error: file ferret: symbol
_libc_register_forkhandler: referenced symbol not found
Killed

   Do you know how to fix this problem? Thank you in advance.

Best,
Ming